Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello...my name is Donna, and I am a Shoppaholic...

OK…seriously??? I have problems.

Remember my little note about unnecessary spending??? Uh…yeah…

I had the best intentions, really I did!!

It’s cold outside. Freezing! Too cold for a neighborhood walk.

I was hungry. I’m thinking…two birds, one stone…I can go grab a lite bite and mall walk. Yes!!

I have a little cash. It’s in my wallet, carefully sandwiched between my driver’s license and my debit card for safe keeping.

I have no pockets, so clearly it makes sense to bring the whole wallet into the mall.

And that’s when keeping it real went wrong!!!


I ate. Yes, I did. It was lite, yes, it was. I walked, indeed I did…about 200 yards before I came to the Disney store. Jordann is into Princess stuff. As long as I keep my feet moving, I should be OK…right?? I mean, I AM just looking, after all. That’s what mall walking is all about.

Ann Taylor has this HUGE sale sign in the window. And since Ann and I are such close personal friends (no seriously, we go waaaay back) it would be discourteous to ignore her invitation, wouldn’t it? Clearly she took the time to make that sign just for me.

And who put that new kiosk in the middle of the mall with all those cute charms? And I TOTALLY believe the little Romanian sales girl when she says “These sale, today only. No tomorrow. Tomorrow back to regular prize.” She wouldn’t lie to me, would she?

The dainty little guy at the MAC store looked bored (and he admired my new walking sneakers…the ones with the rounded bottom guaranteed to tone my buttocks and reduce the appearance of cellulite, yes, those…), so how could I resist his invitation for a makeover??

I like the beach. The beach requires swimwear. Swim and Sport has a lovely new window display. That one-piece looked really good on the size 2 mannequin. Surely it will look as fabulous on me.

Bath and Body is having their monthly semi-annual clearance sale (of course it’s in January, silly…they are still clearing from last month’s semi-annual clearance sale), and I remember that I need a new Wallflower to fragrance the foyer. You realize, of course, that they are $12.50 for two, but just $20 for four, sooooo…YOU do the math…what a bargain!

So, uhm…I am really gonna enjoy my new gold charm. It will look fab-u with my new Ann Taylor sweater and sparkly new eyeshadow. Jordann is gonna love the limited platinum edition of Sleeping Beauty. Our foyer will be delightfully fragranced with Japanese Cherry Blossoms. And by the time it is warm enough for swimwear, I will fit into that bathing suit.

And in the future, maybe I should just walk in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment