Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resolutions, schmezolutions...

1-1-10

Happy New Year!!!

For those who are keeping up…Batgirl has still not been able so come up with any clues, and we continue to live in fear. But we did make it through the night, so I guess that’s a start.

Anyway, it’’s almost 3:00 and I haven’t broken any of my resolutions yet. Yay me!!!!

OK…really though…they’re not resolutions, per se (I really hate it when people say that…“per se”…so why did I just do that?? Whatever…) They’re not resolutions…they are mini commitments to attempt to maybe do a little better for a short time…if I can…no pressure…

Sooooo…OK, look…there is SUCH huge potential for TMI here, so if you are faint of heart or weak of stomach, I suggest that you NOT read on!

“Commitment” number one is to be nicer to my skin. It ain’t as purdy as it used to be, and I did go a little nuts at the Bath and Body holiday sale, so……yeah! So, I am applying some shea butter oil to my cuticles (toes, not fingers…see the potential for TMI yet?? I warned you…), and Jordann asks me what I am doing. I say, “I’m putting oil on my toes so my feet can be pretty.”

And she says, “Mommy, your feet are already pretty.” (She is SO great for my ego.) Then after a little pause, she continues, “I really like your black nail polish.”

Uhm…problem is…I am not wearing any nail polish. (In my own defense though, she was referring to my ONE toenail which has a SLIGHT color imperfection, ONLY in a certain light, and ONLY on one side. So “sub-commitment“ 1a is to keep my toenails…all ten of ‘em…polished.)

“Commitment” number two…curb all unnecessary spending…which is why I had to go out yesterday and buy ALL of the unnecessary items I could think of. I like to think of them as post-Christmas/early-birthday presents (because justification of the addictive behavior is evidence of the addiction…that‘s my Carolina graduate education in action, Baby). I was evidently on Santa’s naughty list…and the birthday fairy probably won’t come thru either, so who’s gonna take care of me if I don’t? Huh?? That’s right! Nobody! So, here we are…two rings and a bracelet, a Wii Active, and a nifty new pair of Sketchers later…and I don’t feel guilty at all…cause that was yesterday…and that was still 2009.

“Commitment” number three is to get fit for my April/May trip to Barbados. A few nights ago, I bought a gorgeous turquoise bikini. It was smokin‘, I was HOT! Unfortunately, it was part of my “nocturnal cinema” (my Academy Award quality dream sequences). In reality, I am doing SERIOUS injustice even to the ‘more mature swimwear’ with the built in “shelf” and attached skirt. I used to have a waist….now…nothin’! I will have one, soon…and that which has gone SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN! Hold me accountable and I will keep you posted! I have 118 days to get it together (please refer to “commitment” number two under Wii Active…and keep me in your prayers).

No comments:

Post a Comment